Letter of Sister Lucia to Father Goncalves (1930-06-12)
On May 29, 1930 Father Jose Bernardo Goncalves received Sister Lucia’s letter about revelation of Our Lord and His requests. Letter informed that the two requests from Our Lord for the consecration of Russia and the devotion of reparation, were to be addressed, together, to the Holy Father himself.
Questionnaire of Father Goncalves
Please answer, as far as possible, on a sheet of letter paper, the following questions:
1. When, how and where, in other words, the date (if you know it), the occasion and the manner in which the Saturday devotion was revealed to you.
2. The conditions required, meaning what is asked for in the accomplishment of this devotion.
3. The advantages: what graces are promised to those who will practise it at least once?
4. Why five Saturdays and not nine, or seven, in honour of Our Lady’s Sorrows?
5. If the conditions cannot all be fulfilled on Saturday, can they be fulfilled on Sunday? People in the country, for example, very often cannot do so (on Saturday), because they live far away …
6. In relation to the salvation of poor Russia, what do you desire or want?
Complete set of answers
THE PONTEVEDRA APPARITIONS
2. Required conditions?
For five months every first Saturday,
3. Benefits or promises?
“To the souls who in this manner try to make reparation to Me (says Our Lady), I promise to assist them at the hour of their death with all the graces necessary for their salvation.”
THE REVELATION OF MAY 29, 1930
4. Why should it be five Saturdays and not nine or seven in honour of the Sorrows of Our Lady?
While staying in the chapel with Our Lord part of the night, between the 29th and the 30th of this month of May 1930, and speaking to Our Good Lord about questions 4 and 5, I felt myself being more possessed by the Divine Presence, and if I am not mistaken, the following was revealed to me:
“My daughter, the motive is simple: there are five ways in which people offend and blaspheme against the Immaculate Heart of Mary.
THE PRACTICE OF THE REPARATORY DEVOTION ON SUNDAYS
5. And if one could not accomplish all those obligations on a Saturday, would Sunday not do?
“The practice of this devotion will be equally accepted on the Sunday following the first Saturday, when, for just reasons, My priests will allow it.”
6. Regarding Russia, if I am not mistaken, Our Good Lord promises to put an end to the persecution in Russia,